Sunday, July 25, 2010

7/25 Day 1

Today was my very first day in the Adirondacks. I had heard of the beauty of the Adirondacks for my whole life but have never actually been here!
There is a rich history here that I would love to know more about. The great camps are fascinating not only because they are extensive but because of how and why they were built. Many wealthy families lived in these great camps and shared a lavish lifestyle with friends and family. The architecture is amazing and I would love to take a day to explore every bit. The "rustic" nature of everything is amazing and makes me wonder how long everything took to create.
The hike and tour we had was very informative and peaked my curiosity. The restoration we saw as well as the original buildings were neat and the history behind them was cool as well. The house boat was a unique and inventive idea which I was surprised actually worked!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the hike has definitely peaked my curiosity of all this great history of the Adirondacks! It is going to be a great week!

    ReplyDelete