Saturday, July 31, 2010

7/30 Day 6

Our final day was filled with presentations, cleaning and packing. I liked most of the projects our class came up with and the additional input from the PD group. Even though some of us aren't teaching at the moment the projects could be easily applied and implemented within classrooms and with a variety of grades. It seemed like the majority of the people who shared put a decent amount of time and energy into their ideas. Some, like me, had a difficult time coming up with an idea then trying to tie it to our strand and making a presentation out of it.
I felt inspired and well on the way to getting my passion back by the time we left. I also realized that trips like these (even if it's not to the adirondacks) are important for teachers and teachers-to-be. As adults, we need to connect on a deeper level than just in the classroom setting. I still feel overwhelmed by the enormity of the problems the world is facing but I have a glimmer of hope for the future. I want to make a difference and through teaching, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment